Labels

Monday, March 11, 2013

My hobby is reading!

Kinokuniya, KLCC, 10th march 2013

It was Sunday. Hubby and Nasrul were already at the tennis court, Naim was working and Nazhif went out with friend. I was alone at home with Syahirah (and of course with Tottie & Lola). She, as usual will not come out from her room unless she is in a hungry state. So, I asked her to drive me to KLCC and get books using her RM250 book voucher given by the Government for a college/university students recently.  Kinokuniya book store located on 4th floor of Suria KLL (ok.. our world famous shopping mall) was once my favorite spot. When I was in Karachi, Liberty book store was the place whilst in India was Crossword book store, I stop coming to Kinokuniya.


The store remain the same (the book smells, the space and the arrangement) but I noticed that it's a lot more crowded than usual. The first corner was a 20% discount on books for those who interested to read about the Chinese and the Arabic history. I told myself that for now, enough of China and the Arab's world since I have read more in recent years including Muqadimmah by Ibn Khaldun.


I then moved to Best Seller section but most books, especially related to legal and judiciary does not really attractive plus, I have 5 study manual in preparation for jurisprudence classes in the office already. So, I passed this corner without regret. I managed to said enough to History section too :) 


Huh... I said to myself that now I am back to Malaysia, I should explore and do more research about Malaysia, everything about Malaysia, the history, the places, the foods, the people, the economics etc etc. Okay, definitely the local interest has more interesting subject for me to select. Before that, let's further explore for irresistible books or subject that manage to deviate all my focus and attention as soon as I saw them.


When I reached the Travel section, I was not really as excited as before while flicking through pages of the   travel books to Russia, Siberia, Ukraine & Belarus. I sat on the floor while looking at any interesting aspect of the Russia book should I decided to buy. But after 10 minutes, I passed the travel section and told myself to find travelogue book since I've written and am writing so many travelogue in my journal. A destiny has brought me to look behind a small round corner just behind the Travel section where the travelogue was located.


Standing there, going through all the books that was on display quicken my heart beat. I found what I have been searching for, a travel journals written by majority a journalist in this corner. I picked 5 books for a start and sat next to a girl (apparently, the travelogue was just next to children's book). Everything was well written but I have to limit to 3 books only.


The girl left long ago when I lifted my head to search for Syahirah. There I saw few kids not far from where I sat. They are all engrossed with their reading materials. So peaceful to watch. If all the children's in the world would have a day off and be allowed to sit like this, it would be a blissful day. Say peace no war!


Last but not least is to look for the last book of the war trilogy by Ken Follet. I have read Fall of the Giant and Winter of the World and even in here I couldn't find the 3rd book. Has he finished writing them? Ah, Ken Follet, I could not find the third book.Please help me. What a silly thought, I should have gone and search from his website. Not to disappointing myself, I took 1 of his novel.


After few hours inside, Syahirah and I had a coffee break at the Coffee Bean. Sunday was always full of people. We had to share a table with a nice lady who had latte and doing her own work. I cant wait to read, hence, I chose which book that I want to read first while Syahirah was busy with her phone. Family doesn't talk nowadays I guessed as everybody was busied with the smart phone rather than paying attention to 1 another. That's a fact of life you have to accept and adopt. 1 day they will return to you, I hope.


These are the 4 books that I purchased shared from my instagram album. I was reading since I know how to read. When I was in my primary school, my school result dropped from top 3 to no. 10th as I was finishing reading the whole Enid Blyton collection borrowed from a friend. My late father was cool about it as I was the 1 who always made him proud with my school achievement despite of my reading habit. I shifted to Mills & Boon when I was in secondary school and to Jeffrey Archer (Kane & Abel was my favourite) when I started working. More than 15 years ago, someone introduced me to have a deeper understanding of the Holy Quran, itself contains a history of People of the Book. For more than 10 years I did personal research on the religion (starting with Al-Quran), the Jewish and the Christianity. It does not stop there, I read other religion books and checked their facts verses history books, the Hinduism, the Buddhism, the Jainism, the Confucius and the concept of ying and yang. 


And now, I decided to take a pause and take light reading and writing all the beautiful things that I discovered since young age, now and in the future. Life, is my friend is too beautiful to have grievances and kept headache in the heart. Peace!


No comments: