Labels

Friday, March 22, 2013

March 2013 in-house training

March 2013 events:

I've been attending too much training lately to occupy time in the office whilst getting myself ready for the new project. On 13th & 14th March was the root cause analysis basics of Incident Investigation and Reporting. 15th March 2013 was the most interesting training, "A mindset of a winner" where we were assigned in a group of 5 to hold the balloon up in the air for more than 1 minutes by blowing with our breath as part of the program. Our group finished last, but the lesson that we learned to finish the task was priceless.


On 20th & 21st March 2013, few colleagues of mine joined other project personal from all over the site (Malaysia project sites only) for the "Construction Plant & Machinery Safety Training. The 1st day was discussing on the theory and sharing a precautionary steps of how to eliminate hazards and risk control measures for handling the plant and machinery at site. We gathered at the company workshop in Bukit Jelutung on the 2nd day. The workshop is located about 70km from our Headquarters.


The groups inspecting the Mobile Crane operation

As usual, I get up very early to be at the workshop before the class started at 9pm. It was my first time to the workshop. Guided by the map, I started my journey from home at around 7pm using a normal route to Petaling Jaya but I made a turn to KL-Seremban Highway to get to Plus Highway heading to Ipoh from Jalan Duta entry point. As predicted, the road is all the way jam-up till I passed Semantan Road to Jalan Duta. It was a peaceful ride and I stopped for picture.


At about 8.10am, I finally found an exit 118 to Bukit Beruntung. The weather was blissful great. There's cloud on a blue sky.


After a turning at exit 118, I had to stop for another picture again as the view was awesome. The sun has risen up higher and the peace, out of the city noises and traffic are priceless moment to treasure. I'm glad that I found my way here. In deeper conversation with myself, I'm really glad that I return home. Malaysia is truly an amazing country, despite the heat and the rain.


We finished the whole topics right before lunch followed with Q&A session and test to wrap-up our 2 days training. At 3pm, we went for practical training at site, more towards inspection and understanding the machinery components, especially cranes (Tower crane, mobile crane & crawler crane). Out of 26, only 4 ladies, so ladies will love taking photos before we started the event.


1 of the safety officer made fun of me on 1st day when I said that the wheeler excavator has a steering. Somebody suggested that I went up to the the 25 tonne KATO mobile crane to see for myself. It's my nature to take-up an easy challenge, though the machine is very old (1963), just 3 years older than myself. 


Sitting on a seat of the crane operator, I tend to appreciate their hardship in giving inputs to our construction industry. How tough it was to be working inside a small compartment under a hot sun to meet the target datelines, working in many shifts. That's part of our life. Everybody must be having their own problem, so, please don't worry so much if you have 1 as others also are having problems like you too. Let us be good to our self and others and importantly enjoying our life's to the fullest.


We parted at 4.40pm. The sky was dark outside and the lightning started to strikes. Heavy rains pour suddenly and it was tough driving in a heavy rain though on highways. The rain was not subsides when I was entering the KL city. Do not worry, I stopped with hazard lights when I snapped below photo after I paid toll at Sprint Highway. I safely arrived home at 5.45pm.



No comments: