Labels

Friday, March 11, 2016

Window Shopping in Johor Premium Outlet, JPO

People in KL are talking about JPO since long time but I was not really interested to visit not until on the 27th February 2016. If it wasn't because we were passing by where JPO is located at, on our way to Singapore vide North South Highway for a wedding that day and the other 2 families (sister in-laws) were shopping there, the stop wont happened. JPO is seated too far from KL if a person solely wanted to shop those branded outlets. And yes, my huge family members did made a convoy to Singapore a day after my sister's funeral, leaving our youngest brother handling the routine ritual of 7 consecutive nights and on 14 days. I will need to blog separately about the Valentine's Wedding trip to Singapore though. In the meantime before continuing with a travelogue Helsinki, I wish to update on the 2nd trip to Singapore with only my husband and I, for his cousin's relative wedding in Clementi.

Bright sunny day
Good signage to direct shopaholics to JPO
Johor Premium Outlets is the main shopping centre in Iskandar Township, Johor, Malaysia. This shopping centre is located at Kulai District. It is the first luxury premium brand outlet built in Southeast Asia, open since 11 December 2011. It is owned by Genting Simon Sdn. Bhd., bear an address at Jalan Premium Outlets, Indahpura, 81000 Kulai, Johor Darul Takzim. Those from Kuala Lumpur may use the North South Highway (Lebuhraya Utara Selatan) following Malaysia-Singapore Second Link (Lebuhraya Hubungan Kedua Malaysia Singapura) and taking an “Exit 253” towards “Exit 304” before taking “Exit 302A” where Johor Premium Outlets would be noticeable from the highway. You may visit their website, "premiumoutlets.com.my" should you want to get to know more of the attractions.

Advert board are displays on the building wall
1st out of 130 outlet that I chose to enter that day


My husband has 3 brothers and 2 sister-in-laws. The 3 families are quite close as we made a point to meet and attend weddings whenever we can. Their children are still following them unlike us, considering none exceed school life as yet. Ours are too independent and too difficult to gather unless it is a family holiday. The other 2 families are constantly made plans and travelling together though. They left quite early on Saturday to spend some time shopping at the famous JPO. When we were about to enter Kulai, they invited us there to meet as they will stay overnight in Johor Bahru, whilst us in Singapore so that we can plan how and what time to meet for the wedding. Hubby is always excited about shopping unlike me, since he was there in JPO before with his tennis gang. There's no point of going since my eyes are only see Prada and Hermes. With so little cash in hand at present and not believing spending unnecessary on credit card, I rather not going.  


Having fun with nieces/nephew passport

I changed my mind after looking at his so down face when I said my opinion. After all, we were nearly in time to turn into Kulai, exit 302A heading towards JPO. We found the place without difficulties and true enough, it's worth to visit the outlet. Much better place to shop if I were to compare with Mitsui Premium Outlet in KLIA. The investment made by Genting is really worth it. It is indeed a unique shopping outlet. Beside, we had fun gathering with the family, keeping updates of what's going with the nieces and nephew enlightening stories at JPO food court. Take note that the food court seated adjacent to the information counter and Gucci. But the food is charged slightly higher.


JPO has 130 outlet stores with impressive savings at branded items i.e. Gucci, Aigner, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Burberry, Canali, Coach, Ermenegildo Zegna, Furla, Guy Laroche, Michael Kors, Polo Ralph Lauren, Salvatore Ferragamo, Swatch, Tumi and many more. The savings are mostly on an old display items. The last handbag that was almost on my grab was an expensive Miss Dior, wrapped exclusively in the box in Promenade Delhi. It was unfortunate cum blessing that I was not able to pick it up due to a hectic schedule, if not a RM15K Dior would be treasured among "moving boxes" at home now. Such a long weird memory of me and the branded handbags. That day in JPO, I was seriously considering to give a sling bag (now in trend I would say) a chance while already in the compound. Gucci had 1 sling bag cost slightly above RM1,200 after a 50% discount but the size is too small for my taste. Hence, I was wandering at other shop and tried on the following...

Kate Spade - below RM1 K

Kate Spade - about RM900

Silver Sling Furla that just nice to store my Iphone 6 Plus but too small for my Salvatore Purse

Last Furla sling that I managed to pose with before we finally decided to leave

Eyeing for 1 of these

With uncertainty of where our family can finally be able to shift to our permanent resident, while in the meantime we are converting our condo into a home-stay project and staying in a present house that has a tag "house for sale/rent" shove away all desires for a handbag. As soon as our dearest brother in Singapore called to say they are coming to fetch us, I managed to leave the outlet without any hesitation or slightest regret in heart, a sign that I slowly manage also to detach myself from a worldly desire. How nice to have those comforting feeling :)


No comments: