Labels

Friday, February 8, 2013

Siem Reap Angkor, Day 3 - Farewell

Day 3 - 15th May 2007, Tuesday

A night before, we had a lovely dinner in Siem Reap city. While waiting for the food to arrive, I took a free booklet of Siem Reap Angkor "Visitor's Guide" and studied several places of interest apart from Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm. The next morning, during breakfast, I suggested to hubby for a quick stop at Tonle Sap Lake, the largest freshwater lake in Asia before going to the airport. The Tonle Sap river is merging with Mekong river. I had a peek while on the plane and snapped a below picture. I was puzzling of the weird arrows from far distance. What was that?



The informatory guide book gaves detailed information of what are the attraction surrounding the lake. There's a "Chong Khneas" @ a floating village  which are assessable by speed boat and a clusters of other villagers built within the floodplain of the Tonle Sap lake apart from the Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary. Of course, I knew that there would be an impossible dream to explore the bird sanctuary as our flight leaves at around 3pm that day but it would be no harm for a quick stop at the lake. Hubby gives an ultimatum NO and we have a quite breakfast with NO as an answer. Thus, I just explore the hotel compounds and snapped some photos.


Sculptures at D'Angkor Prince Hotel (above photo too)

The quietness prolong till at departure hall until it broke after he offered to buy books and magazines for me. Later, we had a nice conversation with other couple from UK @ US (I cannot remember). They were sharing their previous experience to Jogjakarta, Indonesia, touring Borobudur and Prambanan temples, said to be the twin city of the Hinduism/Buddhism of Siem Reap Angkor. The Khmer empire and the Sailendra dynasty were separated by thousand kilometres of distance but following the same faith and idols from a spread of religion from India.

Maybe it's true that I've seen enough locals life and Khmer people as what my husband told me. I have captured sufficient faces to bring back as memory.




From there on, I have decided (secretly in 2007) that I will sweet talk my husband into having a 3rd honeymoon  of Borobudur sunset view as I was told of how beautiful the temple of Borobudur being preserved, best to be seen during sunset/sunrise. We were in Borobudur but without the sunset view in 2009, 2 years later. If given a choice and recommendation to others, there's a Kbal Spean that I wishes so much to visit due to a uniqueness of the place built with Lingas and sculptures of Hindu gods waterfall  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kbal_Spean. Hence, instead of 3 days 2 night, the most recommended duration would be 4 days 3 nights so that you wont miss a thing.


Thats the end of my story of Siem Reap Angkor. Stay tune for my next entry which would be places of interest in Delhi. I cant wait to write them and I hope you will be loyal to read what I shared here in my blog.

Many thanks for visiting and reading my life journals.

No comments: