Labels

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cooking Pot

My son, Nazhif returned from hostel on Friday night. I was deeply happy though I did not expressed myself over. Hence, yesterday morning right after breakfast we went straight to wet Market at Batu 9 to buy all the things to cook for lunch and day after. I decided to cook hubby's favourite Garoupa steam fish, Nazhif's favourite Crab and fry Lettuce. Syahirah and Nasrul loves the lettuce which is very simple to cook (crush garlic, a gloves fry with little oil and once it turn yellowish garnish with soy sauce @ oyster sauce. No salt added).


For crabs, I cooked with coconut milk added with blended red & small chili, onions, ginger, fresh turmeric and later add crushed lemon grass and turmeric leafs. The dishes is a children's favourite since they were at small agae where hubby and I will peel the crabs meat to feed them. Those were the days when a children's still need you.


I learned a simple steam fish from my colleague in Vijayawada, Yeong. He just crushed and chopped lots of garlic and slices young ginger spread with any kind of sauces (soy, oyster, fish) to your liking. No salt added as the sauce suffice to salty the fish. If the fish is not really fresh, you may squeeze lemon into them. In addition, you may add red chili for hot taste, tomato and onion spring to give extra flavor.


So unfortunate that none of our children's like fish. Only the 2 of us having it at the end. When I first got home, hubby did not really encourage me to cook as the kids had their own favourite foods which is not same with what we want. For instance, Nasrul loves chicken rice and McDonald a 2 minutes walk from our house. They are not really a rice eater, sigh!


Later the night, we went out with 2 of the children's. The other 2 were no where to be seen. They both skipped lunch and dinner. Tottie was on the gate waiting to catch a small butterfly. 


I was looking at Sogo's shopping flyer for few weeks, analysing that we can save about RM1100 for "La Bohemia" 1 wok and 3 cooking pots during Chinese Year sales time. Hubby wanted to give me that as a presence. However, in the end, he changed his mind and asked me to choose a better grade of German's stainless steel 5 pieces set and assured me that I wont be regretting it. 


Later, we went to Jalan Doraisamy, Kg, Bary for supper at Papa Rich. In total, yesterday, we did a lot of our old routine when we were at our early marriage stage. What a memories!

No comments: