Labels

Monday, February 24, 2014

Sharing Medical Knowledge on Vaginitis

Many women are suffering from vaginitis but is shy to share those sickness with friends or even the doctor. I am one of those. Vaginitis is define by http://www.mayoclinic.org/ as an inflammation of the vagina that can result in discharge, itching and pain. The cause is usually a change in the normal balance of vaginal bacteria or an infection. Vaginitis can also result from reduced estrogen levels after menopause (not yet for my case). The most common types of vaginitis are:
  • Bacterial vaginosis, which results from overgrowth of one of several organisms normally present in your vagina
  • Yeast infections, which are usually caused by a naturally occurring fungus called Candida albicans
  • Trichomoniasis, which is caused by a parasite and is commonly transmitted by sexual intercourse
  • Vaginal atrophy (atrophic vaginitis), which results from reduced estrogen levels after menopause
Treatment depends on the type of vaginitis you have.


Follow leaflet instruction by inserting the feminine wash up to level A @ B and add warm water to the full bottle. Cleanse privately in the toilet until it was all utilised, get dried and keep safe for regular use. Do this before bedtime.

As far as I remember, I had this problems during my teenage age but did not even once refers to any doctor or share those problem with my parents. I kept to myself whilst trying traditional method. The hygiene cleansing way as being practice by the Malays are using crush betel leaves with water to cleanse away the itchiness. It works for some level but did not really cleanse the internal infected area. I was again having those problem during 6 years of productive period having babies. The gynecologist had given few types of antibiotic, itchiness pill, anti fungal cream and vaginal infection pill that is to be inserted inside your vaginal. It stopped for many many years as for my case. 

Take medication, antibiotic and/or itchiness pill

Few months back, the symptom occurred and after I could not able to tolerate the itchiness and pain (due to scratching), I went to see the doctor. She had to checked the down under and I had to spread my legs for her to inspect the vaginal, inside and out. It was after all an embarrassing situation (still) after numerous experience during labor delivery and monthly check out in those days. She found substantial amount of curds, form from either fungus called Candida albicans or Trichomoniasis parasite or maybe Bacterial vaginosis. It was at that time was not important for me to know as I really wishes to get rid on uncomfortable feeling down under. So, I took the vaginal infection pill (inserted at nights) to cure those parasites for 6 nights as well as some antibiotics. It works like magic and I was happy. Thereafter the peps smear result test was excellent. 

Insert the pill as deep as you can (lying down in bed) and possibly don't wake up from the bed as you may by this time straight away had a peaceful sleep.

Few weeks back, the nerve around my thigh were swollen both sides. The doctor told me that it was due to bad vagina infection and she prescribed me an antibiotic"Doxymycin", 10 for me and another 10 for my husband. It did not gave much effects beside the swollen nerves were subsides. The itchiness and uncomfort pain suddenly recur which forced me to go back to the clinic that treated me last time. This time she gave me a stronger antibiotic, Curam 625mg contains of Amoycilin 500mg B.P., Clavulanic Acid 125mg as potassium salt B.P. She advised me to flush away the curds or any bacterial inside the vagina (if any) using "douching" (please refer to the 1st photo the douching apparatus from Betadine feminine wash brand that I purchased from the pharmacy for RM30 after discount from RM38).

That night, cleansing the vagina using the douching made me realised that I can help many women's out there to get similar self treatment. In the last photo, I shared the infection pill to be inserted deep under using it's own apparatus before bedtime. You still had to get an antibiotic, should the infection is severe from either the pharmacy or medical practitioner. Else, you may follow my 3 steps shown on the the shared photo.

Good luck ladies. Last but not least I'm sharing here Vaginitis treatment and drugs, copied from Mayo Clinic website. 

Treatments and drugs

By Mayo Clinic Staff
A variety of organisms and conditions can cause vaginitis, so treatment targets the specific cause.
  • Bacterial vaginosis. For this type of vaginitis, your doctor may prescribe metronidazole tablets (Flagyl) that you take by mouth, metronidazole gel (MetroGel) that you apply to your vagina, or clindamycin cream (Cleocin) that you apply to your vagina. Medications are usually used once or twice a day for five to seven days.
  • Yeast infections. Yeast infections usually are treated with an antifungal cream or suppository, such as miconazole (Monistat), clotrimazole (Gyne-Lotrimin) and tioconazole (Vagistat). Yeast infections may also be treated with a prescription oral antifungal medication, such as fluconazole (Diflucan). The advantages of over-the-counter treatment for a yeast infection are convenience, cost and not having to wait to see your doctor. The catch is you may be treating something other than a yeast infection. It's possible to mistake a yeast infection for other types of vaginitis or other conditions that need different treatment. Using the wrong medicine may delay a proper diagnosis and the most appropriate treatment.
  • Trichomoniasis. Your doctor may prescribe metronidazole (Flagyl) or tinidazole (Tindamax) tablets.
  • Thinning of vaginal lining (vaginal atrophy). Estrogen, in the form of vaginal creams, tablets or rings, can effectively treat atrophic vaginitis. This treatment is available by prescription from your doctor.
  • Noninfectious vaginitis. To treat this type of vaginitis, you need to pinpoint the source of the irritation and avoid it. Possible sources include new soap, laundry detergent, sanitary napkins or tampons.

1 comment:

divya said...

Your very own commitment to getting the message throughout came to be rather powerful and have consistently enabled employees just like me to arrive at their desired goals
<a href="https://ethix.in/product/intimate-wash/>Intimate Wash</a>