Labels

Friday, November 23, 2012

Seafood in Sandakan, Sabah

Event date: 2 June 2010


I was invited by IJM Plantation to attend meeting with their subcontractor over a disputed issue in Desa Talisai Plant civil works. It was a 1 night stay in a small town. In the evening, after the meeting was over, minutes was prepared and quick freshened up, they took me to a famous seafood restaurant by the seashore.


After showing the menu, the restaurant owner invited me to their seafood tanks (plentiful of them), next to the kitchen for me to choose and decided what I want to eat. The items that I have chosen was weighted before sending to the kitchen for the chef to cook. Eric & Mr Madu only advised me to go after the snails. This are the snails before it was cooked (do not mistaken my word, not all, only a plate ok!).


True to their words, the snails turn out to be something very very extraordinary which I never tested before in my life. 


A closer looks of the poor creature before it settled inside my stomach :(


For better taste, you may dip the snail into a simple but tasty sweet sour sauce.


That night, both Eric & Mr Madu saluted me and certified that a small figure person like me can actually able to eat like a dinosaur. I take it as a compliment as the food is not supposed to be wasted after 1 full day working, right?



The 2 photos above were what I took in Desa Talisai Oil Mill. Glad to learn about palm oil industry from my fellow colleague in IJM Plantation. Our oil palm was processed in the mill up to 5 products (see sample bottle on photo no. 1) before it was exported to the manufacturer for end product. What most interesting is that, everything can be recycle in oil palm industry including its waste which was turn into as energy burner. No wonder, they are our biggest profit contributor.

Remarks: At the time of my second visit, the same year, Mr Joseph Teck has been recognised as the most youngest Malaysian being appointed as CEO in the newspaper.

1 comment:

seafood said...

Thanks for your sharing, Now I am sharing Thefishmarket, The fish market is the only website where you can order Seafood Online. The Dry Fish will be shipped from Karnataka through India Post. The Fish Market covered prawns, seafood, dry seafood Online, Sea Food, the seafood markets, Sea Food markets Online, Buy Dry Fish Online, buy dried fish online, dried fish, Sea Food Online, Dry Fish, Buy Dry Fish.