Labels

Saturday, December 6, 2014

PJ International Fair 2014

Event date: 21st till 22nd June 2014

IJM headquarters in Jalan Yong Shook Lin is located adjacent to Petaling Jaya City Council, MBPJ a short form of the local authority in Malay language. Petaling Jaya falls within a Selangor State administration municipality. Politically, Selangor is under the opposition ruling, but has successfully show a great growth and steady development over the years.


Use to be a vehicle's lane
During my 2 years working in the headquarters, these are the place where I hang out with office colleagues. We had lunch and tea break during our working day as there are many good restaurants in the vicinity, to name a few, "Karak Restaurant" is 1 of my favorite. We had no issue to carry on our banking business and or pay utilities bill as all the banks and post office had their branch offices in the area. Apart from that, the panel clinic under IJM's are also nearby.


Promoting Malaysia
Majlis Bandaraya Petaling Jaya or Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ), a local authority which administrates Petaling Jaya City and adjoining areas are responsible for public health and sanitation, waste removal and management, town planning, environmental protection and building control, social and economic development and general maintenance functions of urban infrastructure. Apart from having their main headquarters at Jalan Yong Shook Lin, there’s another headquarters at MBPJ Civic Centre at New Town, Section 52 which I’ve not been. There’s many activities and/or city beautification undertake by MBPJ including PJ International, 3 days on 21st till 23rd June 2014, 2 months before my mobilisation to the project office in Shah Alam. For the record, this is a delayed post as priorities were given to the long outstanding entries of my travelogue.



I'm leaving the company soon, so down the memory lane, I feel that I should share some of the things that are meaningful to me including the place where I spent most of my times with my office colleagues. MBPJ had done a good job, deserve a loud applaud for their effort to promote PJ as a tourist destination, locally and abroad. Recently they implemented a new road system that are confusing in the beginning but I hope it will for the benefit of all. We need to change our attitude to be cooperative as human, by nature are lacking patience and perseverance. 


2 photos below were my favourite. I was crossing the road to the office after I have paid my take away breakfast from a Malay stall that rented a small corner in a Chinese restaurant when I saw the flags of Malaysian states and countries from all over the world hanging onto a walkway to MBPJ office. It was an awesome views.



The banner below shows a beautiful culture of Sarawak state which everyone should visit. Trust me, you would be enjoying list of attractions in Sarawak state, i.e. Mulu Caves, Bako National Park to catch a photo with the famous Raffesia flowers, Kuching Cat museum in Kuching city, Niah National Park, Rejang river etc etc. 


Only Indian movies are on show - rare sight in Malaysia these day

Last look of IJM headquarters that has been here since the last 30 years. I am entering the last month of my service after handing over a resignation letter on 4th October 2014. 7 and a half years in their group brought so much achievement and good memories to me personally. When I woke-up this morning, I thanked Allah for giving me so much happiness throughout the years including a test that has brought so much stress but sweet ending at last. Leaving IJM was one of them, the fate that was written in my book of life. 


To my friends from Pakistan and India, do include Petaling Jaya city as a place to visit in your itinerary.

No comments: