Labels

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Maharashra State, Daund Taluka

Pune-Solapur 4-laning Expressway
From: August 2011 - December 2011

My new assignment took me to Daund on 5th August 2011. My boss accompanied me from Delhi Airport to Pune Airport for a proper introduction with the project team. It was on the 4th day of the fasting month. From Pune Airport, we had to drive almost 2 hours to reach our site office in Kurkumbh. It was another 15 - 20 minutes more to reach Daund, where most of our staff stays.


Daund is a small city and a municipal council in Pune district in the state of Maharashtra. It has a population of 41,907 and 13% of them is under 6yrs old (facts from wikipedia). It is a very important Railway Junction where train traffic from Mumbai going southwards to Banglore, Chennai, Hyderabad pass through Daund. Also trains going North wards to Delhi, Jammu from Pune and Goa have to pass through Daund. The town is about 9 km from the junction to National Highway. We are constructing 53km of NH9, as Section 1 Main Contractor to TATA & Atalia JV Concessionaire.


The place has a total land area of 1290 sqkm. It comprises of 65 villages with three rivers, Mula, Mutha and Bhima. Lakes like Warvad, Kasundi and Matuba falls under Daund Taluka. Wheat and sugarcane are grown here along with sweet lime and oranges. Farming is the main occupation of the people in this area. A sugarcane factory is also situated in this reign. Most of the chemical factories in Maharashtra have been shifted to some ares in this reign and are called Chemical Zone of Maharshtra. Daund also holds 2 major Police reserve groups SRPF. The city is located between river Bhima, a tributary of the Krishna river and 3 mountains on its other side.


On the second week, I decided to go to Pune town for some banking works. The office driver informed that he needed to fill the petrol at our Plant where we saw the horses in the above 3 photos were. It was very lucky that I brought along my camera and second luckier as the photos were save in my FB notes. Else, I wouldn't have them to share in my blog as they have the same fate with others loss nonrecoverable photos in the damage hard disk.


What I always admired when travelling daily to office is the views of the rich Maharashtra agricultural land. The horses in the above 3 photos were enjoying the green grass in the month of August 2011. But those grasses turn yellowish and dried due to winter in December 2011. Please see the difference in the above photo, also taken in Daund.


That was our plant behind the group of walking ladies in their colorful Saree, a common view in the village. The photo is a courtesy from our PD, Mr Warren. Mr Warren and I shared similar passion in photography but he is much more learned than me.


The above photo and all below photos was also taken by Mr Warren. I was with Gary's beautiful wife during a gathering at Ajit's house in October month. 


For those who may not know or never seen before (like me), it is an Onion flower in the above photo which is a common view along the project highway.


Another great work by Mr Warren. A night view of Kurkumbh.


Last, but I hope not least is a photo evidencing the project successful in launching the ROB (Rail Over Bridge) in the 3rd quarter. Mr Warren sent the above photo when I was in Vijayawada. Sharing is caring. I wish to dedicate this entry to our team in Kurkumbh, especially to Mr Warren, Gary Ong, Ajit and others Malaysian who will finish the project by 1st quarter of 2013. 

No comments: