Labels

Sunday, October 7, 2012

World Heritage Sites of India

Archaeological Survey of india has name the following 15 locations as India world heritage sites:-
  1. Fatehpur Sikri
  2. Humayun's Tomb
  3. Agra Fort
  4. Red Fort
  5. Qutub Minar
  6. Budhis Monuments, Sanchi
  7. Western Group of Temple - Khajuraho
  8. Sun Temple - Konarak
  9. Ajanta Caves
  10. Champaner Monuments
  11. Ellora Caves
  12. Elephanta Caves
  13. Group of Temples - Pattadakal
  14. Group of Monuments - Hampi
  15. Group of Monuments - Mamallpuram
I've been to the following places, which will be posted in details once time permits.

Fatehpur Sikri, located in Agra (July 2009)


Humayun's Tomb, Delhi - been here twice in July 2009 (alone) and December 2011 (with family)


Agra Fort (July 2009)


Red Fort in Delhi (July 2009)


Qutub Minar, Delhi (July 2009 & December 2011)


Ellora Caves in Aurangabad (December 2011)


Group of Temples - Pattadakal in Karnataka (October 2012)


Group of Monuments - Hampi in Karnataka (October 2012)


It's a bit tiring and a lot of determination required to explore the sites in length. Thus, I have decided to reach another 2 more destination, Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh state and Sun Temple, Konarak in Orissa. Thereafter, I promised myself (only 2 days back) that I shall stop exploring India World Heriatge site. My husband will take no serious of that promises but I sincerely hopes I believe that too!

Adios, thanks for reading <3 p="p">

No comments: