Labels

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sunflowers

Event date: 1st October 2012


I happened to see a sunflower farms along a project site (4-laning highway from Pune to Solapur) from a distance when I was in Pune . Pune is in Maharashtra State. When I shifted to Andhra Pradesh State where sunflower oil is being majority produced, it feels like time is nearer for me to do photo-shoot of the beautiful flowers. The opportunity never arises as I was, most of the times, always busy having a different attention onto the project progress.

Despite a busy schedule, I forced myself to make a trip to visit Hampi, a world heritage site of India in Karnataka State. A journey begins after lunch on Saturday, 29th September 2012. On the last stop of my trip, 1st October 2012 at Aihole temples, I was a bit disappointed to travel so far to see Aihole of far beyond my expectation level. Thus, we headed back feeling regret to waste about 3 hours travelling to Aihole.

The weather was cloudy and the sun was not yet up though it's already past 12 noon when we first saw the 1st farm. As the sunlight's and temperature was not right, the flowers look very sad. Its gloomy just like having a bad day.


As we about to head back to the car, the farm owner and his assistant appeared from behind. They asked me to take a picture of them. I'm more than gladly to accept the request, naturally :)


We continued our journey on the same road we came in (NHAI is building an upgrading from 2 lanes to 4 lanes and it was so bad) and can't help shouting with joy when from far we saw a yellow clouds in front of us. The sunflowers are up proudly facing us.


See the closer looks when even the bees are not bothered with our presence, busied themselves sucking its honey. So many of them, so many of us!


And I was so damn happy as the flowers are as round and big as my face.


Ops, not to forget, my companion, Satyanarayana's lovely wife and her 2 kids.


More sunflowers for you :)



One last photo of me surrounded with only sunflowers...



Our miles for the trip is 1540km (to and fro). Though more stressful event took place after my short break, nothing beats the record of having an experience with sunflowers. The last shot before headed back to Guntur with a happy heart.


I am indeed very lucky and bless. Enjoy the beautiful photos from my personal collection.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

zura said...

cantiknyaaaa..tingginya pokok tu..dah sama tinggi dengan kak wana dah..;p

Aswana said...

kan? memang cantik :)