Labels

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Lunch at Serai Pavilion

Lunch date: 16th September 2016

Nazhif had invited his large group of friends over to the condo before he flew off to Glasgow. It was on the 2nd day of eid-ul-hajj. Due to a late notice and eid mode celebration, it was difficult to find catering to entertain our last-minute order. My sister Roshayati was offering to cook for the event instead as another sister is coming down from Kuantan. The 2 sisters cooking combination has done great wonders as everyone, especially my husband were very pleased that day. Everything that we served, all gone and nothing left when the last guest leaves our condo at almost midnight. As an appreciation, I took my sisters and our daughters out for lunch at the Pavillion. They wanted to have western food and have chosen Serai Pavilion, a local food outlet that offers both locals and western cuisine.

Group photo for a start

It was my first time having a meal in Serai that was established by a Malaysian family who has passion in food industry that open their very first restaurant in 1990. They started off with Northern cuisine, infused a selected Thai recipes that are most prevalent in most northern homes and cookery. Due to overwhelm response on successful fusion, they have open another outlet in Subang Jaya. The second outlet was set up with a different twist of flavor, an east met west cuisine. In addition, they have developed a catering services that specialize in satay and other local delicacies. Good effort doesn't end just there. They aspires to continue introducing new concepts and ideas such as the case with Serai Pavilion. I fall in love at first sight when I first walked inside their lovable entrance, passing a neat seating arrangement right to the end of the restaurant. All photos inside are attached in this entry for you to see and review for yourself.

Spaghetti Carbonara, RM26 and Orange Blast, RM13.00

Serai Pavilion is one of the many chain restaurants under the Serai Group. Others are Serai Thai, Serai Satay Bar, Jibby Chow, Jibby East, Jibby & Co, and Serai catering for those who wishes to have private functions at their own place. Serai Pavilion is located on Lot 7.01.04, Level 7, Dining Loft. The meals are reasonably price, merely cost me less than RM300 for 6 persons, which include cakes and coffee. The staffs are genuinely friendly, service are really fast, no worries over lack of quality in the foods, sufficient portion for everyone and most importantly the ambience matches everything else. Definitely more visits in the future.

Grilled Honey & Lemon Thyme Chicken, RM26.00

Everyone's are in their mind for spaghetti except for my sister, who opted for a grilled honey & lemon thyme chicken. The grilled chicken is no doubt one of their signature dishes, well cooked and decorated. Maisarah opted for a dry (means non-creamy) spaghetti prawn aglio olio and as she seated infront of me, she allowed 2 prawns been transferred to my plate of spaghetti beef bacon. I'm so into adffogato these days. What I noticed is that many restaurant had presented the adffogato in different ways. The first affogato I had, was in Karachi Fine Coffee shop many many years ago . It was a mixed iced affogato in a big glass. Some served with a scoop of ice-cream and a coffee separately. But the best thus far is still in Delicious

Spaghetti Prawn Aglio Olio, RM26.00 and Minced Calamansi Soda, RM13.00

Spaghetti Beef Bacon, RM25.00

For those who has not been to Serai before and after reading my review, may see other menus worth trying in Serai-menu2016. There's a group of foreign ladies sitting across us ordered a local cuisines. They seems to be enjoying their food so much that tempted me to try again in future with my family. Among the local cuisine that worth trying is Nasi Kerabu and Nasi Ambang. Nasi Kerabu is the famous dish originated from Kelantan. The blue colored rice is a result when the rice is cooked with the leaf of butterfly-flea, commonly known as clitoria ternatea. In Serai, Nasi Kerabu is served with "Ayam Percik, another special dish from Kelantan, my hometown. Ayam Percik is a marinated chicken with flavorful spices. I would hereby recommend to all this special cuisine of Nasi Kerabu in Serai. 

Affogato, RM11.00

Happy tummy, happy faces... happy me!

In below photo is Maisarah, my 17 year old niece. In one of our family gathering I have mentioned to her that after my exam was over in last August, I shall reattribute my neglecting attitude towards people. That I shall look after everyone that knows and look upon me, I shall take them out for meals, inviting friends and relatives to my house, etc. In other words, I will start opening my door for people to enter. I will not let it shut down anymore. True to my words, that's what I've been doing when I'm not busy packing things from the former house. Another thing is that, I was donning a modest dressing that day too. Okay I hereby promise, I'll be good.. cheers everyone!

Maisarah, my pretty niece

Fresh flowers, alone at the end corner

Best seat choice for bigger group

Multiple choice of seatings with beautiful arrays of lighting

Serai Iced Tea, RM14.00

Our seat facing the oval mirror that became my wish list item for new home

No comments: