Labels

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hijrah - Modest Dressing

Date: 7th October 2016

I wish to start the entry with verse 1-8 of chapter 20:Taha
1. Ta-Ha.
2. We have not sent down the Qur'an to you to be (an occasion) for you to be distressed,
3. But only as an admonition (reminder) to those who fear (Allah),-
4. A revelation from Him Who created the earth and the heavens on high.
5. (Allah) Most Gracious is firmly established on the throne (of authority).
6. To Him belongs what is in the heavens and on earth, and all between them, and all beneath the soil.
7. If you pronounce the word aloud, (it is no matter): for verily He knows what is secret and what is yet more hidden.
8. Allah. there is no god but He! To Him belong the most Beautiful Names.
Remarks: remaining verses are life lessons of the Moses. You may read the tafseer of this chapter in here "http://muslimmatters.org/2012/12/10/life-lessons-tafseer-surah-taha/".

Me before, 38 years ago and the present day
I'm feeling so blessed when I've been advised that my name was in the list for the Hajj next year. I went to check at the Shah Alam branch on 5th October 2016. Ever since that day, my heart's has been singing with zikrullah. With the secured place in hand, I have an ample times now to make preparation. Despite of anything, purification of heart is the most important things as performing hajj is all about returning to Him, heart and soul wholeheartedly. It's a priceless thing in the whole world. For the record, Allah has granted almost everything that I ever wish and not wish for when He knew that the only thing I desperately want is Him accepting me with purification of heart. Let me live in Barzah in peace, protect my body from been straightaway burned when I entered my resting place in my graveyard due to my past and future sins.

On the road to see Him, I have quite a number of resolution. Among those thing is to dress modestly. I want to be the most beautiful woman in the world that submit only to Him, the Quran 92:15 "None shall enter it save the most wretched".

There's this book I discovered from officialmizznina instagram and the paragraph that she shared are so beautiful soothing:-

"With your beauty you are better than the sun;
with your morals you are more sublime than the musk;
with your modesty you are nobler than the full moon;
with your compassion you are more beneficial than rain....
So, preserve your beauty with faith, your tranquility with contentment, your chastity with hijab.
Remember that your adornment is not gold, silver or diamonds, rather, it is two raka'ats at Fajr, going thirsty when you fast for Allah, concealed charity which no one knows except Him, hot tears that wash away sins, a lengthy prostration born of utter submission to Allah, shyness before Allah when inclination to do evil overwhelms you.
Clothe yourself with the garment of taqwa (piety) as you are the most beautiful woman in the world, even if your clothes are shabby. Clothe yourself with modesty as you are the most beautiful woman in the world even if you are barefoot. 
Beware of the life of the bewitching immoral disbelieving women, for they are the fuel of the fire of Hell." 

So I am now very much determine to dress modestly externally while at the same time reaching the sky my a purification of heart... Peace!

No comments: