Labels

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Will I be good at teaching?

I had a conversation with a University Professor this afternoon about my intention to pursue Master by Research in the department where he was teaching. I've given him a clue of what research that I'm planning to do if I succeed in the application. Hearing of my 24 years working experience in construction industry including 5 years working abroad, he assured that there will be no problem for my topics to be accepted.

He advised that depending on my ability and focus to do it, it will take fastest 1 year for me to submit my research paper and the longest time that the university allowed is 3 years. He even suggested that I can continue with PHD thereafter. What? PHD is meant for someone who has interest to become a lecturer. Politely I told him that I don't think that I'm good at teaching though long ago I was aiming to lecture part time to share with the younger generation (generation X) of my experiences in the same field.

Hmm.. maybe I should give it a serious thought. After all, I might have 5 more months a quite free time before my new project will get me busied throughout next year. 

Looking back, it was already close to a month I am back to Malaysia. Except for 1 day MC, I did not take any leave as toward the year end, the road is clear and the office is a bit quite to enjoy the peace environment. Majority of people taking opportunity clearing their leave balance vacationing abroad. I did not have many, 4 days, of which I intend to carry forward for next year. Theoretically, I don't really need a leave as working 5 day week, I have 2 days break on weekend. What did I do so far, during my previous weekend?

1st weekend, I attended 2 weddings.
2nd weekend, another wedding in Perak and visited my best friend, Maznah in Shah Alam.
3rd weekend, stayed home, doing nothing.. nope, watching 16 hours Korean drama series in 2 days!
4th weekend, stayed home, really2 doing nothing, rather, reading and cooking!


On Christmas day, we went out celebrating Nasrul's 15th Birthday though he insisted that he was 16 not 15. Next weekend I made appointment with another friend to have New Year dinner with her family.


In fact, staying home is the most wonderful thing that I really cherish. The moment I got home from office, seeing my husband car parked outside, made me smile widely knowing that he waits for my return. Our 4 grown up children gives us a lot of space as they don't want us to disturb them too. Therefore, being surrounded with a love 1 is indeed a bless and bliss moment that I cherish every minutes. Not forgotten having 2 Persian cats and newly member of our family, a pair of love birds brightening our life. How could I not thank God with the peace that I have right now.

I'm looking forward to pursue academically before entering the next phase of my life, being 50. Maybe taking PHD and becoming a lecturer is not a bad idea after all. Who knows what lies ahead.

No comments: