Labels

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Do I have 100 friends?

Date: 29th March 2020

The question pop-up last year when we were deciding of how many cards that we needed to print for Syahirah's wedding. It was at a family meeting. I said I need to reserve 100 card for my friends, alone. Do you really have 100 friends to invite mama? Asked Syahirah with her expressionless smile that I do not really like. In my opinion, we both are similar. She doesn't socialized as much as I do. We both stopped socializing due to the fact that we are not able to spend lavishly like we used to when we had our expatriate life. That's a fact of life. A sacrifice is necessary when we want to gain something that we currently are enjoying. Right! She thought she had more friends than me. Sigh!

With Fong Suo Mein

Well, due to that I kind of asked Fadhilah my current BFF as we are working associate, to come. Fadhilah and I occasionally meet up for lunch and we honestly do gossiping a lot about our personal life and some office matters. She is currently the one that I'd be seeing almost every day at work. Therefore, she attended all events, Syahirah's engagement, solemnisation and reception. So I would named her as 1 out of the 100. My 22 neighbours are of course friends that are really close to me like sisters. Just like Fadilah, they were also attended all 3 events sharing my happy moments in welcoming a new family member. Them altogether is already 23.

With 5 out of my 22 neighbors on solemnization day

Some of my classmate in technical School, friends since 1983-1984
Among my classmates who attended the wedding receptions are Zaharah, Mariam and Hazudin from University Malaya. Only Shahmoon, my best girl friend during my study time in UITM came apart from a bunch of guys that I really close, i.e. Zamri, Nasir Norizam, Zali, Zainudin, Megat, Shahrom, Roslan, Suhairy and Aturk. There were 13 good friends from SMTT (Teknik Terengganu) who came, Sureini, Ruzida, Lena, Nora, Nortie, Salwani, Hanim, Siti Habidah, Wan Aslah, Roslina, Wan Rafiah, Che Maznah and Shaiful. My hajj team that were with me in 2017 also attended. There are Robiah, Kak Hapsah, Laila, Intan, Zaleha, Zie, Kak Sal and Siti. This group makes another 35.

These boys were my classmate when I was doing my Diploma and Degree. At that time only 9 girls out of 89 in the Diploma class and I was the only ladies while I was pursuing my Degree in Construction Management.

Roommate during Hajj 2017

But the first who came was my best friend who I met when attending an International Course on Valuation at Inspen where she was working at that time. She was an organizer for the said course.Her name is Fong Suo Mein, she was in the first photo. I was working at Central Bank of Malaysia attached in General Services Department and my former boss sent me to enhance my knowledge in valuation. It was fun as I was the one in-charge on evaluating staff's housing loan application. Miss Fong & I clicked and hooked up since 1994. We have been a best friend for the last 16 years. While in Central Bank, I also get very closed with Hayanim who is still attached in Bank Examination Department until now. And she is a cousin to my cousin's husband. We rented an apartment in Kg Baru when we were single.

Hayanim

Nora, whom I met in 1985 was my roommate and best friend. We were studying in UITM, but at a different school. We were best friend since the last 32 years. After school, we happened to meet our spouse together. Her husband is my husband's good friend and we introduced the 2 of them till they get married and still together like we are. I hope our friendship last till very long time, till we are both old and kinky.

With Nora

Besides, there were so many Malaysians that my family and I get to be so close with when I was working in Karachi. Julia, Shery, Shaiful, Hidia and Rizal came with all of their families. I'm still feeling very grateful and thankful for their presence that day as they were more important to Syahirah. Syahirah is very close with them and their childrens went to the same school with her. On most weekend we would hang out at each other's places for food and lots of parties. That was a precious friendship that we had with all of them.

Our huge families when we were in Karachi
There are colleagues from former work place and current work place. Few ladies and guys came from MMC, i.e. Iza, Jamilah, Ina, Sam, Alias and of course my best friend Adibah. Former colleague from IJM who were present that day are Idris, Hj Razin, Ridhwan, Amin and 2 of my best friends, Ila and Ili. 11 from MMC and IJM. I would say the whole village from my present colleagues at all 3 project sites, HQ and subcontractors who came over to make up more than the 100 list of friends that I have.

The Gamuda young QS came with lots of present. Cheng, Tek & Hui Ping

Iza, Jamilah and Alias from MMC

Finishing this entry made me realised of how lucky I am to have so many good people that I able to call them "FRIENDS". I'm so grateful for the blessing that I currently possessed. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for having me as your friend. I value you as much as you value me. Hugs!

1 comment:

Hidayah Biru said...

Yes, you are blessed indeed!
��