Labels

Thursday, July 9, 2015

A story of my late mother vis-a-vis Surah At-Tin (The Fig), Chapter 95


My late mother who died in 2002 at the age of 61 & I who people said resembles her - May you rest in peace mother, my prayer is always with you ... Al-Fatihah

Lately, I've been praying the same prayer that my late mother used to recite whenever she bowed down and asked Allah to grant her, i.e. if she reached old age or in her sick bed waiting to die, she would not want her conditions became a burden to all around her. Because, she have spent all her life looking after a sick person, started with her late mother (my grandmother), my late sister, Nuraida who died at a young age due to SLR and her late mother-in-law. She mentioned to us that if Allah could grant her only that wishes, she would be more than happy. Indeed, Allah is so great and kind and had rewarded her dua due to her patience and observance in taking care of the 3 sick persons.

But her death had impacted me a lot, morally, as I was not ready. We were taught since young age to look after our elderly just like the way she brought us up, hence when she left and thereafter my late father and mother-in-law follows, I have left with no one to take care of. Trust me, it was not easy for her or anyone else as it seek a considerate level of passion to the extent of losing your mind  at times. I witnessed all that. She was miserable at some point for getting so angry with them along the way as she as a person also had so much other things to look after, the house chores and her personal needs beside them. May you mother, be under Allah's protection and you please look after my mother in law too as she may just be around you somewhere, maybe. And Allah, please takes care of the 2 important women in my life that had loves me so much.

My mother in-law was not as lucky as my late mother. She had to go through the pain that was mentioned in verse 5 of Surah At-Tin for many years before Allah called upon her. See the full surah translation to understand what I meant:

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. By the Fig and the Olive,
2. And the Mount of Sinai,
3. And this City of security,
4. We have indeed created man in the best of moulds,
5. Then do We abase him (to be) the lowest of the low,-
6. Except such as believe and do righteous deeds: For they shall have a reward unfailing.
7. Then what can, after this, contradict thee, as to the judgment (to come)?
8. Is not Allah the wisest of judges? 

My late mother in-law was sick for many years and required assistance to move around. She was not capable of looking after herself. This morning, I was recalling of how she looked deeply  into my eyes (she was unable to speak at that time), wanting to say something to me but could not before I left to work on the day she passed away. She died when I was in the office and those sad look haunted me for so long. Dear Allah, please take care of my mother in law too for I now am reading Surah At-Tin in my Maghrib prayers daily, seeking for your forgiveness and humbly request for me not to be so sick at my old age which trouble people. I understood the message behind your Holy words (as Surah At-Tin) as what You have warned us all to remember the judgement day. I promise you that I'll be worthy of living. Bless You and Thank You for everything that you have granted me thus far.



No comments: